Monday, March 18, 2013

A Letter From Mom

wordpress.com



Credits: lonelyplanet of PD

note:halfway thr0ugh this letter my tears fell n0nstop,given the
chance to wish,i want my m0m back or i wanna go back 21 yrs ago. .

My dearest daughter,
The day that you see me old I ask that you
please have patience and that,above all,
you try to understand, my dearest daughter..

If, when I talk to you, I repeat the same things
a thousand and one times dont interupt me to-point
out that Ive already told you that instead, please
just listen to me and remember a time when you were
a little girl when i would read to you the same story,
night after night, until you went to sleep.

When I do not want to have a shower, dont scold me and
please dont try to embarass me. Remember, instead, a time
when I had to chase you with a thousand excuses I invented
in order to get you to bathe, when you were a little girl.

When you see my ignorance of new technologies give me the
necessary time to learn and please dont roll of your eyes
or look at me with a mocking face.

Remember, my dearest, I taught you how to do so many things...
to eat properly...to dress and groom yourself and how you
can confront and deal with life.

The day you notice I became old, my dearest daughter,please
have patience and, above all, please try to understand me.
If occasionally, I lose the memory or the thread of our
conversation, let mw have the necessary time to remember and
if I cannot do it, dont become nervous, ot impatient, or arrogant.

Instead, just konw in your heart that the most important thing
for me is to simply be with you and have you listening to me.

And when my tired old legs wont let me walk as before...
give me your hand.. in much the same way I did for you when you
made your first steps,and when someday I tell you that I do not
want to live anymore...that I am ready to die...please do not
get upset or angry...because one day my dearest daughter you
wil understand.

Until then just try to understand that at my age, we reach a
point where we do not live anymore. We just exist. When this
day comes for me you must not feel sad,
and or incompetent for seeing me like this.

Instead, I ask that you be with me, that you try to
understand me and that you help me. Help me as I journey to
the end of my life with love and with a deep understanding
of and appreciation for the gift of time
and love we were blessed to share together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment